This recipe is actually inspired by one of my favourite food bloggers Minimalist Baker and it is one of my new favourites. I swapped a few ingredients, boosted up the protein content and created an ultimate Christmas-y treat. They are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
Do I need to say more?
Also, they can be easily made vegan if that’s what you’re after.
Ingredients for 12 cookies:
60g almond flour
90g oats (I use jumbo)
30g OMG NO WHEY vanilla vegan protein
30g chopped pecan nuts
50g coconut sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 tsp nutmeg
1/3 tsp ginger powder
1 large egg white (to make vegan, you could use 60ml of aquafaba, which is the brine from the can of chickpeas)
30g of almond butter (you can substitute with cashew/pecan/hazelnut or peanut butter if you want)
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
45ml of melted coconut oil
1. Mix all the dry ingredients, except for the pecan nuts, in a big bowl.
2. Whisk the egg white (or aquafaba) well until it is a little bit fluffy (I used a food processor for this).
3. Add all the wet ingredients and mix well again.
4. Add the wet mixture to a dry mixture and combine. The dough should be sticky and firm.
5. Stir in the pecan nuts.
6. Let the mixture cool in a fridge for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180C.
7. Divide the mixture into 12 cookies on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are brown.
9. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Store in an airtight container up to 3 days or freeze and store for a month!
MACROS for 1 cookie: 144kcal 11C 9F 6P
*I use the Kin Nutrition protein all of my baking recipes because it works and tastes the best.
If you want to try it, use the discount code – ZUZ10 – for 10% off your order.